Thursday, January 18, 2007

Fuel



No, this is not a joke. Meth Coffee is a new coffee roasting company in San Francisco that adds yerba mate to its already super-strong blend. This definitely beats smoking meth - seriously, nobody wants to look like Josh Winkler.

It may not be quite as destructive as meth, but mate is some serious shit. I've been drinking strong coffee every single day since I was 12 and mate makes me completely crazy. I can have two shots of espresso and pass out 15 minutes later, but mate feels like an illicit upper drug. I once drank an entire Nalgene bottle full of it when I was attempting to stay up and study in college. My heart started racing, my palms started sweating, I was grinding my teeth. A repressed rage boiled up and I tried to choke my insane upstairs neighbor when he came to harass me for my notes. Not good.

Anyway, this really isn't a fashion post, but my caffeine addiction really pervades every area of life, so what the hell.

No comments: