Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Ballet, sans eating disorder...

Not counting some totally horrifying late 80s moments in bad dance costumes (parachute pants plus high-top aqua Reeboks for an outdoor performance to "Cold-Hearted Snake" at Sea World circa '89 - not cute), I kind of loved my years and years spent in cut-off tights, leotards, and ballet slippers, despite the negative body image issues that only a decade of therapy can delete. Damn.

Anyway, now that dancer chic is in, thanks to the waves of 80s nostalgia propagated by 16-year-old hipsters who weren't even born until grunge was basically over, I'm totally into ballet flats as my day shoe of choice. I especially like the "authentic" versions from Repetto and Bloch...
















These ones are only $88 from Urban Outfitters...

2 comments:

smallwall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
smallwall said...

i have these ones...you DO have good taste. heh. but these are super comfy and my new overworn favorite.