Thursday, November 1, 2007

Spending Money You Don't Have on Boots

Fall is upon us here in Northern California, which means it's time to wear socks again and boot on up. Every year when the weather turns, I find myself uttering the inevitable, "I have nothing to wear," despite the recently paid-off credit card bill stemming from last Fall's ungodly expensive clothing and shoe purchases. But of course, I've trashed last year's now so-last-year half-paycheck boots and now spend my between meeting and work email time combing the web for new ones. Secretly hating myself for feeding the fashion industry machine fueled by planned obsolescence, I am once again, despite this year's self-examination of ridiculous buying habits, succumbing to this annual over-expenditure.

So, equestrian boots are where it's at. Here is a selection from Urban Outfitters, my favorite of course being the most expensive (this is always my curse).



From top down: Frye Dorado Riding Boot, $458; Frye Bonnie Riding Boot, $358; Dolce Vita Fugi Riding Boot, $150; Equestrienne Boot, $150

I've filled and abandoned like 8 shoe site shopping carts in the last week. Can't quite make up my mind, but, against all reason and intelligent money management, I'm leaning toward the Frye Dorados...

No comments: